Pack your bags for Nepal
Nepal in October is going to be gorgeous weather – I hope! It should be warm during the day, and cool (perhaps cold at times) at night. So we need clothes for heat and cold, and then of course we will be enjoying such a variety of experiences that we also need diverse clothing. So what exactly DO you pack for a Nepal holiday in October?
- Hiking boots (wear them on the plane going out)
- Rain jacket (yes, it could rain, but useful as a wind-buffer too)
- 1 pair jeans (or similar)
- 1 pair cotton trousers (for when in the warmer climes of Chitwan National Park)
- Shorts and skirts are fine, but preferably wear below the knee. Tight-fitting leggings are not advised.
- A fleece
- T-shirts (not too skimpy, respecting local sensitivities. Nothing sleeveless)
- A day pack.
- Plastic bags to put your gear in if you are going to trek for a few days, or if you aree planning on whitewater rafting.
- Camera, of course, and binoculars if you are wildlife watching.
- A phrasebook so you can at least TRY to converse locally with a few Nepalese phrases.
No doubt there will be other things you need that are specific to your trip, but for my coming trip this should about do it!
Nepal here we come.